Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sky Fish and Sky Dinosaurs

We did the usual things today in the extraordinary ways we always do...foldover paintings that may become cards to celebrate Kindergarten or entering the Fab 4's and 5's...




But it's a few moments I spent with Declan that keep running through my mind as I reflect on the day.
We lay back in the grass, looked up at the sky and imagined what we saw in the clouds...



You won't see what we saw, because the clouds were moving quickly, something Declan attributes to them swimming through the sky...which makes sense because he saw a fish in the first cloud...a robot fish...



The next cloud evoked a colossal dinosaur face, and I could see it as clearly as he could.  Reliving this favorite childhood occupation of mine today with Declan was a treasured moment.  A brief minute in a busy, active morning to just watch the world swim by...


One could also find patterns in the breaks in the leaves of the trees or the way light and shadow play on the lawn.  Let your imagination wander, just for a minute, during a busy morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment