Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Juicy, Juicy Tuesday

We so enjoyed making lemonade last week that I brought in a couple of dozen oranges and nearly everyone contributed to pressing them all into juice. 




It took all morning and huge amounts of brute force to turn a boxful of oranges into juice.







The great thing about this "machine" is that it does all the work with the motion of the lever, but it offers enough resistance from the fruit to require full body effort.  Most children wanted to do it over and over again.


And...it was as much fun to watch or help a friend at work as it was to do it yourself.  Here's the blue team in action!

I tried and I tried but I just could not capture his facial expression...so intent on the task at hand!

Another wonderful thing about the orange juice, no sugar or water to add or find just the right ratio...it was delectable just as we squeezed it.  Note to self for future...need strainer!  Annabelle doesn't like pulp!



Our dangerous thing of the day...driving nails!  "What does driving mean?", I was asked.  Four and five year olds are so sensitive to the subtleties of language.  "Like a screwdriver!" someone answered.  There you have it!  Rishi outfits himself in all the necessary safety gear.


 Tomorrow, Wednesday, June 29th...
 ...is International Mud Day!
 Some of us chose...
to celebrate a day early!



 Every day should be Mud Day!
 Someone observed today that this is the quintessential summer activity!
 Kid wash!



Self service!

Other Tuesday events of note...we found a toad in the sandbox!  This is the third toad (or the third time for this toad) in the sandbox this summer! 

Grady went in to wash his hands and the hot water faucet hit the ceiling and we had an active volcano in the Men's room!  I struggled to find the main water cut-off, Pam went in frantic search of a bucket, but Elizabeth braved the flow to turn the water off at the under sink cut-off.  Our she-ro!

Fortunately, when I left today a plumber was at work replacing the faucet.  Tomorrow all things should be back to our kind of normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment