This is a perennial favorite and I have a box of broken or unwanted small appliances in the closet for this very purpose (but can always use more more more!) My personal favorite is a rotary telephone but I no longer have one of those on hand, although I did put out a big heavy old push button model.
I sat nearby for a while, and here's what I heard:
Martin: I can't find one but this is what I'm doing.
Grady: Guys! Stop one minute!
Martin: Oh look how cool it is under it. We need to break this out.
Martin: This one's moving.
.
Fin: Hmmm...this looks really archaic.
Martin: We need to break this clip.
Aidan: I need help getting it open
Fin: Maybe stabbing it isn't the best thing.
Martin: I'm going to take this apart and take it to my dad. I broke one out. I'm using real muscles.
Meanwhile, in other areas of the room...
Rishi, Aidan and others use crayons and oil pastels on pieces of bark that were all over my yard this morning screaming "Take me to school! I'm an art project waiting to happen!"
Jacob experiments at the light table with acrylic rods we borrowed from the 2's classroom.
Andrew masters the perfect somersault around the bar.
And our fascination with mud continues!
Robert Munschkin enjoyed some outdoor playtime too! He became a living sundial as I had to keep moving his cage as the shade traveled.
Schroeder spends a little bonding time with RM on his last day at SSNS.
S'mores...how do I eat thee?
Let me count the ways...
No comments:
Post a Comment